We ended up doing well in the competition, but not as well as we were hoping. We finished with third place in both of the missions.
Our third year ROV team consisted of the same three boys that the second year consisted of. Due to two years of prior experience, we knew what were doing.
The vehicle design remained nearly identical to the preceding years, due to our previous success. There was no problem with the basic PVC design we were using, so we just rebuilt it, and adapted the robot to complete the new mission tasks. To do this, we simply made a variety of attachments to mount to the front of the vehicle. These attachments enabled the ROV to pick samples from the sea floor, drop things onto the sea floor, and move objects around.